The father of a girl who was allegedly sexually assaulted in a Virginia school bathroom should be treated as a domestic terrorist, the National School Boards Association (NSBA) suggested in a pointed letter to the White House — after the distraught dad stormed a local school board meeting and demanded officials take responsibility.
Scott Smith, 48, was filmed being wrestled to the floor and arrested at a June 22 public meeting of the Loudoun County School Board — with his wife yelling, “My child was raped at school and this is what happens!”
“In Virginia, an individual was arrested,” the NSBA wrote, linking to an NBC Washington report about Smith’s arrest at the meeting.
It was one of the key examples of what the association said proved that “America’s public schools and its education leaders are under an immediate threat” from a “growing number of threats of violence and acts of intimidation occurring across the nation.”
“NSBA believes immediate assistance is required,” the group wrote.
“NSBA specifically solicits the expertise and resources of the US Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), US Department of Homeland Security, US Secret Service, and its National Threat Assessment Center.”
The letter insisted that the “heinous actions” were “equivalent to a form of domestic terrorism and hate crimes.”
The letter, which came to light this week, was dated Sept. 29 — just five days before Attorney General Merrick Garland’s controversial decision to get the FBI to investigate the apparent threat.
Smith on Tuesday said that such a clampdown was clearly “wrong.”
“That’s really scary, that our government will weaponize themselves against parents and they’re using my video across the nation to spread fear,” he told Fox News.
Smith had told the Daily Wire that his daughter was attacked at Stone Bridge High School on May 28 by a boy in a school bathroom.
The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to The Post that an officer was alerted by school staff about a possible sexual assault on May 28.
Following “a thorough 2-month-long investigation.. to determine the facts of the case,” a 14-year-old boy was arrested July 8 and charged with two counts of forcible sodomy, the sheriff’s office said.
The case was turned over to the Loudoun County Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office, and the proceedings are ongoing. The records are sealed because they involve a juvenile.
The arrest in what appears to be Smith’s daughter’s case came more than two weeks after his attendance at the heated June school board meeting.
During the meeting, the district superintendent told those present that there wasn’t “any record of assaults occurring in our restrooms.”
Then, Smith told local outlet Loudoun Now, a woman the family knows discounted his daughter’s alleged assault, setting him off.
Video showed deputies trying to pull Smith back from the argument with the woman. They then tackled him to the ground and dragged him outside, leaving him with a bloody lip. He was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest, and later convicted.
Smith insisted he went to the meeting to warn other parents about on-campus sexual assaults.
In the statement on Tuesday, the school district said it contacted law enforcement “within minutes” of receiving the report of sexual assault on May 28.
School board members “were not aware of the specific details of this incident” at the time of the June 22 meeting, the statement said.
Smith said he decided to speak out about his daughter’s experience after hearing of another attack at a different school earlier this month.
The sheriff’s office said a 15-year-old boy was arrested Oct. 6 after allegedly forcing a girl into a classroom at Broad Run High School, “where he held her against her will and inappropriately touched her.” He was charged with with sexual battery and abduction.
Smith and other local parents claim the suspect in this incident is the same boy who was charged for the alleged May 28 assault, but authorities said they could not confirm that the suspect in both incidents was the same student.
During a school board meeting on Tuesday, parents accused the district of transferring the accused attacker to a different school, putting other students at risk, Loudoun Now reported.